Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Final EDU533 Blog

How has your opinion changed (or why has it stayed the same) over the past 11 weeks regarding Technology Integration?


To be honest, I don't know if I had an opinion regarding Technology Integration prior to this class. The bare bones concept of using technology, in particular, the internet to enhance a students' learning sounds so civilized.  However, as I wrote about in my last blog for me the actual implementation was the challenge. But,I'm also running an after school program which is completely different than being in the classroom. 


I truly believe that if the teacher has the motivation, patience and knowledge then technology integration can be done. Motivation to constantly research child-friendly websites. Patience to be willing to work with students of all experiences and abilities. Also, the knowledge of what is happening in the ever changing world of technology. The idea of each child having a computer is wonderful, but then what? The fanciest airplanes will never see the sky without a skilled pilot. 


Technology has to be more than an advanced option to hand writing a report. More than social networking, more than a Google search and more than using ClipArt for a report cover. Technology has to become second nature, just another option in a student's arsenal of resources. 



No comments:

Post a Comment